Would you like a chance to write a story for The Storage Papers?
Here’s your chance! Introducing Beyond the Papers, Grinner Media’s new writing competition hosted by the producers of The Storage Papers.
We’re looking for the best original horror stories in the form of documentation of unexplained phenomena for Jeremy to review on The Storage Papers. We’ll be selecting the top 3 submissions, judged by our very own Jeremy Enfinger, Nathan Lunsford, and one surprise judge from outside of The Storage Papers production team.
Winning entries will be fully produced by Grinner Media, and will be broadcast on The Storage Papers public feed. We’re excited to see what kinds of dark horrors live within the minds of our listeners!
Please make sure to read our guidelines below and complete an entry form along with your original story submission no later than October 15, 2021. Winners will be announced on our annual Halloween episode.
If your story is ready now, hit the submit button now!
- Must be between 1,000 and 3,000 words in length
- Must be written in English
- Must be written in prose (not script format)
- Must utilize an easy to read font (e.g. Arial, Calibri, or Times New Roman)
- Must be submitted via Google Docs or a similarly accessible link (e.g. Word document in cloud storage)
- Must be original fiction
- Must be consistent with the show’s regular format (police report, witness statement, letter, etc.)
- Must not involve plot-related elements or characters, and should only include content for the character, Jeremy, to read on the show
- Must not be set outside of the Southern California area
- Must not be previously published
Terms & Conditions
- There is no cost for entry
- Competition begins September 1, 2021 and ends October 15, 2021
- Submissions must be made using the entry form at this URL which must be filled out in its entirety: https://forms.gle/8BVx5sfW7uM5WJ889
- Any technical issues with the form should be directed to [email protected] at least three (3) days prior to the submission deadline
- There will be three (3) winning entries
- All winning entries will be produced by Grinner Media and released on The Storage Papers podcast feed
- Winners will be announced during the third season of The Storage Papers and will air during the fourth season of The Storage Papers
- Winning entries may undergo editing for publication
- Participants will retain copyright to their work, but agree to freely license submissions to Grinner Media LLC for use and/or repurposing with adaptation and credit given to the original author if/when utilized
- If a link to an entry is inaccessible to the judging team, the entry will be deemed invalid
- One entry per individual; multiple entries are allowed if co-authored
- Standard participation is open to anyone from anywhere
- Participants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- In the event that we do not receive any or enough entries that meet our standards, Grinner Media reserves the right to decline to name and produce any winning entries
- The judges’ decisions are final and there will be no communication with writers about non-winning entries
- Feedback will not be offered on entries